Monday, October 13, 2008

Addiction

Addiction - the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma.

That's the definition of addiction taken off dictionary.com

That explains why i was melancholic most of the time since August, knowng my time left is short. I treated every flight as though it's my last. I was "diagnosed" with addiction to flying later on, coming from someone who has been hooked for a few years short of 2 decade.

I've used to complained about living out of a box, how tiring it is. Now that i have to stow the luggage(s) away for minimal usage, i felt a part of me left hanging loose.

So how do i cure an addiction of 951 days?

I don't know yet. I will find out in a few days now that i've had my last.

Why of all flights Hong Kong? Most asked.

Firstly, roster was as such.
Since September, i almost went bonkus trying to change for the flights i had to do. Frankfurt-New York, Seoul and Paris. 3 was enough to pull all my hair out. Usually i get messages from girls who are quitting giving away all their flights, whereas i did the exact opposite, working extra hard, fully utilizing my offs to get to stations to stock up my stuff.

That's the down side of flying. As much as it is a perk of flying, it could be a curse. The moment we stopped, the supply of international goods gets cut. This fss was telling me she uses only U.S' John Frieda shampoo and wonders what will she do when she quits. Bring one cargo bag extra for a year's supply of shampoo? The same for those Bath & Body Works, Abercrombie etc. fans. Morale of the story? Don't start.

Side-tracked too much. Back to story.

Secondly, it was all for the hong kong-nese food.
I haven't been to Hong Kong for 2 years! Wanton Noodles, Dim Sum, Milk Tea, Portugese Egg Tarts, 老婆饼, Congee, Pork Chop Bun, 水留山 dessert, Macaroni soup etc. and the list goes on.

Unfortunately, i didn't have space in my stomach and the time to makan all of them. So this was all i had, and mango hashima pudding drink from 水留山.


Thirdly, this is my last chance to make it memorable by taking my revenge, on pax.
That is every stewardess dream. After being a physical sponge for all sort of "assualts" for so long, we do get a little inflated with vengeance. And Hong Kong being a high complaint sector, it has the perfect setting.

Fourthly, from SNY to the last.
I thought it's a meaningful way to end. Although it could have been better if it was a long haul. But things would have been harder if it was helluva fun flight, making the addiction seriously hard.

****************************

5 years, was the original plan. But when you've lost the passion for it, even a day is long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home