Thursday, August 31, 2006

London

"Oh, Shut the F*** up, you Big, Fat B*tch!"

For the entire flight back from London, this was what i had to refrain from hauling at her. For 12 hours!!!! Could only did it silently in my mind, which was really driving me insane.

Pardon me about the language. But i aint no saint.

Weeks ago, when the bomb threat surfaced, i already dread the flight. Day or 2 b4 flight when i saw her name, i dread it even more. Cos i've flew with her Jakarta b4, not exactly a nice experience. First impression of her was good, then when i worked a little with her, her bitchy side effaced.

And SUAY enough, i ganna her as my CL for ex-LHR. I wasn't sure if she remembered me, but she picked on me all the time. Initially, i thought i deserve it, cos i'm really not-so-good with my work yet. But with only 2 months flying, WTH do you expect. Noone's born to fly. As she continue to give me helluva time, i knew she's just being an absolute BFB. Eating the humble pie's simply not enough, she (like the old school ones i guess?) simply wants to stripe us (or rather me) of all dignity. She can even bitch about me to all CLs and to the IFS trying to affect my check report for SIN-LHR.

THANK GOD, she's not the one doing the check on me. Otherwise i'll run into more trouble with Miss Empress, as she starts forming impressions about me b4 even coming on my flight.

So, i've experienced the worst zapping, on my records, but yet according to my GS, that was the mildest of the mild as compared to their time. He went on elaborating a little of what he went through and i thought that was really ridiculous. We're human, not dogs.

It's good that things have changed for the better, but the old ones questioned the standard of the crew now... Oh well... There's always a more professional way of training people than adopting the olden days army techniques.

However, if not for her, i wouldn't have learn as much too. Not from her definitely. From other nicer CLs, who imparts knowledge objectively.

Enough about my grievances.


~LONDON~

London's cool. I like the place. Though slightly rainy, the weather's good. Perfect weather in fact.

Decide to give the crew favourite duck rice a miss for sight-seeing, as my only companion's not interested in spending 10 pounds on it. The senior's not been to London for more than half a year, so she doesnt mind going out again. Lucky me =9

The tube.

Got lost once and took us a while b4 we met a kind soul who taught us how to take their tube. It's very common to see "lost ones" jumping onto 1 train and ask if this goes here or that goes where. =)
But after figuring it out, it's easy! Just a little complicated...


Buckingham Palace.

Darn. Missed the Change of Guards. When we reached, lots of people were just leaving... Zzzzz...







St. James Park.




Horse Guard Parade.

Poor thing. He stood there, do nothing but to allow thousands of tourists everyday like myself to take pictures... If i'm him, i'll be so *pukez*


Tada! Big Ben.... Also the Parliament house.




London Eye. Saving it for winter, cos it's cheaper to go on it then. Singapore adpoting the idea for our new IR too i think?


Westminister Abby, where Princess Diana's funeral was held too.

Too bad i din get a chance to go in cos it's close on Sunday.


Eros Statue @ Piccadilly Circus. No idea about the history but i'll find out again...

We spent sometime walking around Piccadilly looking forward to quench our shopping thirst but yet all we find are mostly eateries.

Stumble across the Chinatown @ Piccadilly circus.

Then we found out from passerbys the shopping area is at Oxford circus instead. Off we went.
Finally shopping @ Oxford circus.

We didn't have much time to shop as they closed at 6 pm on Sunday. Head for dinner with S back @ Piccadilly, where the food are. She had a craving for steak, thus we patronized this Angus steak house, where i opt for pork ribs instead. We both agree it's not so fantastic... My most expensive ribs dinner so far, about 51 sing $ after conversion.... Zzzz...

The next day b4 departure. Head out myself in the morning to finish off shopping at Oxford circus =P

Then to Harrods to take a look.

Everything about Harrods is just posh, poshy and posier. They make food look so poshy too... Tsk Tsk... Oh! Tried the dougnuts recommended by Lindy... Absolutely YUMMY!!!!

Return to hotel after about 3 or 4 hours of dashing around trying to complete as much as possible b4 i gotta leave. B4 i gotta go on the most dreaded flight.

Anyway, i survived it.

That's about it for London. I definitely would want to go back there again a few more times. There's many more that i've not seen. Stone Hedge and the Roman bath is one. Even the city itself is oozing with so much history...

But i don't like the flight. How?



30 08 06
After more than 12 hours of sleep, i was still in a state of daze when i went out. It's either i slept too much, or i didn't get enough rest yet. They'll always ask me,"Are you alright?"
Met up with a couple of us to celebrate Tiffy's Birthday at Fish & Co.




And we love doing this, Our tag line: Soar! And they laughed about me and my mini soar =X

Fish & Co's service was good, almost comparable. I'm impressed. But it was really disappointing when the nice staff failed to warn me about the "warm" water being scalding hot.
Ouch! There goes my taste buds....
Zzzzz....

Adjourned to Acid Bar.
The singer was good! However, the service sucks. We can get such bland and almost- rude reply when questioned why their screwdriver has minimum vodka, coming from the manager somemore.


Haa~ We aint angels all the time ya?
The look we wanna give most when the meanies zap us. Hmph~



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home