Thursday, August 24, 2006

Shanghai + Auckland

Looks like my efforts have gone down the drain....

I meant, catching up on my sleep after i came back from Shanghai... Been in a sleep deprived state ever since everything took flight 1 and a half months ago.

Just got back from Auckland this morning, cant sleep yet cos i feel like blogging... Certainly been sometime... Find myself questioning the rationale behind this...

Pax back from Auckland. Out of the 10 hrs + flight, i barely slept 1.5hrs. Had movie marathon partly becos of the uncomfortable sleeping position for neck, and partly becos i cant resist the movies! There's so many i have yet to watch!

Take the Lead, Quill (about the life of a guide dog), Kinky Boots (Zzz, boring!) and lastly Leon Lai's Moonlight in Tokyo (waste my time =9).

The shows are a good way to keep me occupied as i'm cramped up by the window beside my IFS. As predicted, being the most junior i sure ganna seated next to him... Initially, i was hoping to sit with Cindy to catch 'Take the Lead' together... Haiz... The result? Didn't dare to go toilet too much >.<" Working is so much easier than paxing ....


Yet, if not for the twist of fate, sitting beside him seems like a blessing in disguise actually. He turns out to be the fatherly type and we chatted about crew culture, new crew's attitude etc etc... Learn a thing or 2 on what to look out for, esp OBA... And his compliment came as a soul booster; needed that as my strength to carry on... =)

Anyway, Shanghai last weekend.
The interior of the hotel, extremely enchanting... I like the oriental feel. Sorry the pic's too dark. I proudly declare my camera a 'non-nocturnal' one. Zzzzzzzz....


The semi posh place, 'Xing Wang' Restaurant, where we had our affordable, yet sumptous dinner =)


Cant remember the name of this street... erm... is it 'Bu Xing Jie' or something like that? This place is soooooo much more fascinating than Hong Kong....


The only nice night-pic we had of the architecture, among many others =(


The Bund, or 'Shanghai Tan'



The night was fun, as Cindy's laughter is always infectious.
But i dun really like Shanghai, cos there's simply tooooooooooo many people and i felt hyper pressurized walking amongst them. I don't get that in Hong Kong though... =/

And thanks to KS, we learnt a hilarious new secret term call "Ah Tiong".
It's just a term that they, the NUS gurus there, named them. It describes a certain characteristic or behaviour. It's similiar to what we understand as "Ah Beng" in Singapore, but we can't really define what exactly is "Ah Beng" or put into words. So Ah Tiong is erm... Ah Tiong?

You get what i mean? *smirking* =9



Auckland.
I think luck is still on my side. Why?

Shortly after i come back from the 1st crew rest, the captain opens up invitation to the crew to go into the cockpit to take a good look of the famous Australian Uluru Ayers Rock. He even descend the aircraft a little and sway to 1 side to let the few 'suaw ku' us get a reaaaaally good view. Now the rest are 'pestering' me for the photos hehehe.... =9

It's a famous natural landmark supposedly becos it's the world's largest monolith and an Aboriginal sacred site...

Weuu Wheet! My camera wakes up and takes gd pics during day time...=9





One can't always be lucky all the time (not even Lindsay Lohan in 'Just My Luck'), but at least i have the good ones to propel me forward and keep my spirits up. Wen, i hope things will be great for you too =)

~Fight, Erene fight~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home