Saturday, July 29, 2006

Osaka

I LUUUUUUURVE Japan!
Can't get enough of anything japanese.... Simply intrigued by them!
So much so that even after i got back @ 5+ pm, i craved and went out for Sushi Tei dinner cos i didn't have enough japanese food!
Promised myself i'll be back there for a "eating' holiday, with Pi. =9

Haha!
How could i forget this thing. The one that gave me a shock @ Villa Bali. Now i know how it works =P


Most of my team brought cargo bag along, which left Kelly and myself puzzled cos it's such a short trip. After napping only 3 hours, the whole set of crew (including tech crew but minus the J crews), arranged to meet up for lunch and go out. I've never seen the senior crew so 'onz', which we will soon find out why .... LOL

My first Tempura Udon in Japan!


Soon enough. After lunch, Kelly & me stuck to our bosses for the entire day and guess how many 100 Yen shop we visited in a day?
6!!!!!!
*faintz*

Things are sooooo expensive in Japan that the most sensible places to shop are 100 Yen shops, toiletries shops, Fancl and for food.

The first 100 Yen we visited. Kelly, loss at what to get in the snacks section hehe....




When i came across the maggie mee section, i can't believe my eyes! 100 Yen each???
I used to buy some of it in Cold Storage in SG at about $4 +, $5 + each. And i could only afford it when i wanna pamper myself ! Bought 2 of it in the end, stocking up dry stores for my Amsterdam trip.


Ebisubashi @ Namba station. In search of more 100 yen shops *Pengz*


Now that i am in Japan, i see for myself how exaggerated the Japanese ladies/girls dressed up. They really look like those models in the magazines. We both wondered how much time they actually took to prepare before they can leave house looking so immaculate. The guys too! Trimmed eyebrows, cool dressing etc...





To remember Kelly's last flight and trip with us, with me.

My extremely nice bosses.


Mochi !!! 105 Yen each! ex ex ex .....


Yum Yum.... When we were looking for dining places, shops like this with models are so important cos we can just exercise 'finger power' when we are challenged in terms of language. Had much difficulty trying to communicate, but it's good to know a few important terms to get around.


The town area. Heard from a pax that the place comes to live after 6pm, and that's roughly the time we left. >.<" Next time, i'll be back =P









Not just here. I wanna visit their shrines and temples too!

Stike a conversation with an Australian pax who runs a English school in Japan during take-off & landing. Talked briefly about where i've been to in Osaka, how long have i been flying, places i've been to in Australia, how's my flight so far, his plans on retiring back to Aussie with his Japanese wife etc etc... It was a really nice experience cos the conversation felt genuine and not at all awkward. PR chances like this are rare (ok i can't say rare, cos the choice is up to me =P haha...). Well, most of the time when i'm tired or shy, i'll just try to avoid their glances and so do they. LOL.


Our dinner Keke... Sluuuuurps!!!


That's where the majority of my S$90 budget for this trip went. Besides food, mostly went to 100 Yen shop =P
As for the senior crews, it's like a groceries shopping trip for them. They bought so much tibits, pasta sauce, household items (like the moisture absorption thingy) and others, to last a few months before the next japan trip comes by, cos they're so rare now.


Their products are soooooo intriguing that money will just fly out of ya pocket and burn a really big hole. The Japanese knows exactly how to make life faaaaaaar from boring....


The buy that make both Kelly and my day. The Shiseido mascara that Cherlyn recommended. a little ex for my limited budget! 1260 Yen... After buying this, left almost just enough yen to buy my dinner.




That marks the end of our last flight and trip together.


Gone are the days where i used to look across the aisle during take-off or landing, and passed her facial expressions to communicate whether 'I'm doing well' or 'I'm suffocating here!"

She's the only one i can forget my manners and do without the "May i trouble you", "please" and "thank you" etc when requesting for anything.

Noone familiar who will drag me out to explore together...
Noone familiar to sit down to BK breakfast with me b4 or after flight.
Noone familiar to 'bug' me =9
Noone familiar to have maggie mee party together Haha...
Noone familiar whose always there...
Noone familiar whom i can steal /share dry stores with...


Right, I'll miss you buddy =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home