Sunday, April 30, 2006

Wasted Long Weekend

Stuck @ home on this rare long weekend =(

Why? cos i ganna conjunctiva infection.

Woke up with a swollen right eye on Saturday morning. It went tearing non-stop. I freaked out man... Thinking it's cornea infection, i brushed my teeth, changed and dashed out of house to the Raffles hospital clinic which was a few bus stops away.


Along the way, i was panicking and lots of possibilities were running through my head. "What if it's cornea infection?" Then i can really say bye bye to sia. "What if i have to join another batch?" Or worse still, have to leave and look for a ground job before i even get the chance to fly... *sobz* "Will i be able to do Lasik still?" "Shucks, i can't go to Auckland liao!" LOL =P I know it can happen to anyone, but still i can't believe this is gonna happen to me........... =(

But, thank god, it's only conjunctiva (a new term i learn about the eye) infection. The doc prescribed me 2 eye drops and gave me a medical permission not to don contact lens for a week. Hopefully, it won't affect me in SEP classes. *cross fingers*

Been instructed to avoid going out by the doctor. Thus, i had to cancel all my plans for the weekend... *Signs* Cancelled the afternoon shopping date with some of my batch girls, end up i shopped around alone @ Bugis for groceries after leaving the clinic. However, i am not gonna give a miss for KUISHINBO today hehehe... 1 of Pi's friends birthday and i am tagging along for the food =P I luuuuuuuuurve Japanese food!

After this incident, Lasik is first on my list. I can't imagine the dryness on board. Haiz...


FIrst day of SEP. Everyone's feeling lighthearted cos we're really at ease heehee...


The next day when we have our first aid course. Andrew's picked to be the model. Poor thing, he got so "wrapped up". Mrs Wong demostrating a Tourniquet, a drastic measure to stop/restrict blood flow to area with a severe open wound.


Then it's our turn to practice bandaging. My patient and me =)


And we swapped over...


The mannequins for our CPR practice and test. Fun but tiring. I wonder, when it comes to a real person you got to rescue, would i dare to pump as hard? For fear of breaking the person's ribs... Not easy... *shake head*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home