Wednesday, July 04, 2007

A story i quote of somewhere....
"My husband is a scientist by professional. I love him for his steady-being nature, and i love the warm feeling while leaning against his broad shoulders.

Three years into courtship and now, two years into marriage, I have to admit, I am getting tired of it. The reasons of me loving him before has now transform into the cause of all the restlessness. I am a sentimental woman and extremely sentitive and exquisite when it comes to relationship and feelings. I yearn for romantic moments, just like a little boy yearning for candy. But my husband is the contrast of me. His lack of sensitivity, and of all, inability to bring in romantic moments into our marriage has dishearten me about love. One day, i decided to tell him about my decision, that i want a divorce.

" Why?" He asked, shocked.

"I am tired, and there aren't always reasons for everything in the world." I answered.

He kept silent and seemed to be in deep thoughts the entire night, with cigarette lighted at all times. My disappointment is getting intense. A man who can't even express his detainment, what else can i expect from him?

Finally, he asked "what can i do to change your mind?"

Somebody said it's hard to change a person's personality and i guess it's right. I have started to lose faith in him. Looking deep into his eyes, i asked,"Here's a question, If you have the right answer that's in my heart, i will change my mind.

"Let's say, i love a flower that's at the mountain cliff, and we both know that making you pick the flower will cost you your life, will you do it for me?"

"I will give you your answer tomorrow..." he replied. My heart sank.

The next morning, he was not around when i woke up. I saw a piece of paper with his writing underneath a glass of warm milk.

It goes....

"Dear, i would not pick that flower for you. But please allow me to explain further."

The first sentence has already broke my heart. I continue reading.

"You have to work on the computer but always mess up the programs and cries in front of the PC, i have to save my fingers to restore the programs for you.

You always leave the house keys behind, i have to save my legs to rush home to open the doors for you.

You love travelling but always lose your ways in a new city, i have to save my eyes to lead you the way.

You always have the cramp when your "good friend" approaches each month, i have to save my palm so that i can reflief your cramps in your tummy.

You tend to stare too long at the computer, and that does your eyes no good. I have to save my eyes so that when we grow old, i can help you clip your nails and remove those annoying white hairs for you. I will hold your hand and stroll down the beach, enjoy the sunshine together and tell you the colours of the flowers, just like glow on your young face.

Thus my dear, because i am sure that there will be someone else who loves you more than i do .... i would not pick the flower for you.... and die...."

By now, my tears has blurred the ink of his hand-writing. I continue to read.

And now dear, you've finished reading my answer, if these are the answers you are seeking, please open the door, i'm standing there with your favourite bread and warm milk...."

I rushed to open the door, and there he is looking so anxious, gripping the milk and bread in his hands.

I was sure that noone love me more than him and i've decided to leave the flower alone......"

Love is can be so simple. But being human, we have a knack of wanting more, thus overlooking the such simple bliss that surrounds us.

*******************

I have everything, but yet i threw it all away....

Like a friend put it, "Perhaps it has become so stable, that it has become not suitable for me at this stage."

I think that best describes it all, for now.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home